Friday, January 17, 2014

Tomas' Blog

Tomas' Blog

I was reading Tomas' blog and was amazed on how much he thought the text he read and how much he elaborated on each idea he had. I read his post on "Smoke Signals" and I thought that he did an excellent job on it.
       In that post, he used lots of examples from the text to prove his point. I also like his way of formatting his blogs. There are about 4 paragraphs where he puts facts from the article and what might the author be wanting us to think. The last 3 paragraphs are about him giving his perspective on the article or how the problem could be fixed. The last paragraph is all the questions he has after reading the article. That shows that not only did he read the article, but he understood everything and could ask more questions that were not in the article.
       I had read parts of the article before, but even if you didn't know what it was about, you will find most of it in his blog post. He did a great job on giving a brief summary at the beginning and gave the problem too. He also used great transitions that went well with what he had to say after. When he gives direct citations, it is often followed by what he thinks of the stat or statement from the author. It shows me that he is reading the article carefully and his own view on things can help another reader understand the article. His last paragraph gives you insight on his own thoughts, and he has some questions that were not answered yet.
       In each of his posts, Tomas did an amazing job on elaborating, providing evidence from the text, and adding on to what he already knew. From now on I'll look at his posts as mentor texts because he is such a great writer.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job on unpacking Tomas's post. I liked how you explained the format of his posts. I agree that they are very well organized and he does put lots of facts inside them. He also does give very brief summaries. You did a great job explaining yourself and proving that Tomas's post are really well done.
    -Jose

    ReplyDelete